Over the holidays, I went through the tedious-but-necessary process of content edits for my novel. I approached it with an open mind and was glad I did. Lots of changes were suggested (mostly regarding the timeline of plot events) and I agreed to all of them. Hard work, with several "passes" between myself and my editor. Finally, after several weeks, we had our clean copy.
My biggest relief was that my editor "got" my book. Even with her suggestions, she never attempted to change the tone, or the characters themselves. HUGE relief. This book, even after content editing, still feels very much like "mine."
And now, off to line edits it goes...
In the meantime, I've had to come up with a new title (that was a challenge!) so it can be sent off for a cover.
Next will be line edits, proofs, a finalized cover, and...I think that's it. No release date yet, but we're getting closer.